SMALL BUSINESS WEBSITE DEVELOPMENT: PROFESSIONAL WEB DEVELOPMENT COMPANIES VS DIY WEBSITE BUILDERS
Sometimes there are some certain things that your websites might need that doesn’t require DIY website builders but rather professionals, while other times you still might not need a professional for your website. Initially, we know that everybody wants a pro to build their website so as to have a good website that can effectively offer the audience not just a good experience with the website but also offer them exactly what they need, but currently due to the development of technology overtime, we now have non-professionals that can deliver a good job likewise. But even though we have non-professionals that can deliver a good job it doesn’t necessarily mean that you no longer require the services of a professional as there are many scenarios where a professional can do a much better and preferable job. We have many DIY website builders such as square space, weebly and so on. Most of these commercial websites sometimes need professional services themselves.
MAKING USE OF A PROFESSIONAL FOR YOUR WEBSITE
There is no point creating a website that would not make much sense or deliver messages appropriately. Most times how your website is designed including the arrangement of the words and sentence can require a professional. It’s better to pay a huge amount of money for the website than paying so little and at the end of the day the website turns out to be a disaster. Professionals have a way of designing and also know how to make your website represent your business. Professional services are mainly required for large business websites that need more development and enhancement to their website. A professional can create a website that is customized and completely suitable for your brand, they tend to look deeper and hence bring out the best of your site, they help you bring mechanics and strategies to your website and with their level of expertise help configure your site into something amazing and something that will surely be suitable for you. They also provide you with plug ins, landing pages and also many other amazing features. They help you monitor your website to know if it is bringing in the right customers and as well as enough traffic required for the growth of your website. It can not be denied that the professional services are quite expensive, but a good website with the right contents and ideas will fetch you enough income more than the amount you spent on setting it up. Whilst working with a pro, you get an exceptional collaboration with experts who wants to see your website attract audience, who loves what they do and would put all their efforts on your website so as to create good contents and hence produce an extremely successful website.
ADVANTAGES OF PROFESSIONAL WEB DEVELOPMENT COMPANIES
- Help you develop mechanics and strategies for the development of your website.
- They design your website in an exceptional way including the color patterns.
- Monitor your website development as well as the traffic and help you out when things are not going well.
- Gives appropriate attention to your website to make sure that it is exactly how you want it to be and also to ensure that it’s successful.
DISADVANTAGES OF PROFESSIONAL WEB DEVELOPMENT COMPANIES
- Very expensive
- Requires the services of experts and well trained developers.
DIY WEBSITE BUILDERS?
Some of you maybe wondering, At what point do I need the services of a DIY website builder instead of a professional designer. DIY website services are mainly required by small business websites that do not really have the desire to build their website from the scratch. The Do-It-Yourself website is less costly and much easier to use. If you are interested in just writing and posting blogs, articles or even making some adjustments on your website, then there is no need for professionals. Using DIY website builders such as the Weebly or the Squarespace, among many others, does not request for programming codes during set up. They have numerous templates that you can use for customization and enhancement of your website, some of them also has simple drag-and-drop editors, thus you can easily transfer images, text or even videos without much difficulty, you can also get plug-ins that can help you in some ways. DIY website builders is also a convenient means for non-developers who still want to be in charge of their websites and moreover it is less expensive compared to professional web developers, it is also quite simple to use and dose not require much stress. Even though it is necessary you create your own brand, they also have series of stock photography that you might want to look at and also it is very necessary that you make use of patterns that rhymes with your logo as well as your brand. It would not make much sense if you have a logo pattern that is not good. If you are running a small business and you are looking to create a website or a blog for your business with a low cost budget, then you should consider DIY website builders since it is not expensive or too difficult and has numerous templates as well. We have many DIY website builders such as Wix, Squarespace, word press. Com, Weebly and so on.
ADVANTAGES OF DIY WEBSITE BUILDERS
- Numerous templates and plenty designs for selection
- Customization is less difficult
- You do not need a high budget for the service. If you create an amazing website according to your taste and design, you can spare some money during the process.
- Gives you the opportunity to select from series of stock photos
- Less stressful and very easy to use
- There is this feeling that comes whenever we achieve something great with our own hands. That is the exact feeling you get with the DIY website builders. You would feel amazing that at the end of the day you actually came up with something that creative from your own mind especially when the website becomes so successful.
- There are some DIY builders that concentrate mainly on design and hence making your website look exceptional at the end.
DISADVANTAGES OF DIY WEBSITE BUILDERS:
- Slow loading time which most times can not be fixed without having to pay large fees to switch hosting because the websites usually created using DIY builders are normally hosted in their own personal servers which inevitably means that the bandwidth and the server resources will be shared with other websites.
- The Shared hosting can raise some certain security issues. In servers that host multiple websites, you need to pay close attention to the security as it is possible that hackers can get through to the information which are stored for other sites on their own servers.
- Many other people will be using similar (or probably the exact same) templates which can make your website less unique.
- It can be extremely difficult (or sometimes impossible) to just easily switch your website to another provider and many people find it difficult to learn how to use the design features of the website.
- Even if they’re easy, DIY websites can be incredibly time-consuming to create, even with the help of templates
MAKING THE BEST CHOICE
Before choosing between a DIY website builder and a professional web developer, you have to consider a lot of things most especially your budget and not only that, you also need to have an idea of the exact type of site you want, your level of experience and also the various options involved in both choices. If you make a good decision then you are most definitely likely to come up with the right choice for you website.